We are looking for a new team member with the following qualification:
Research Scientist (Medicinal/Organic Chemist)
– Ph.D. degree in organic or medicinal chemistry (preferably with postdoc experience)
– Highly experienced in synthesis, route scouting, and purification methods
– Good knowledge in pre-clinical drug development (lead-optimization, in vitro and in vivo studies)
– Highly interested and knowledgeable in antibiotic discovery and development
– Great communications skills
– Languages: English (fluent), Dutch (optional)
– Work permit in the Netherlands
– Performing organic syntheses
– Optimization of reaction conditions
– Synthesis of novel antibiotic candidates
– Design and interpretation of biological activity assays
– (Re-)design of drug candidates
– Establishing an efficient synthetic process for scale up production.
September 1, 2018
Dependent on starting date 7 month (incl. a probation period of one month); contract extension is an option.
Dependent on experience and education level we offer a annual gross salary of € 36.000 – € 42.000 excl. holiday pay (8% of annual gross salary).
Your opportunity at AGILeBiotics
AGILeBiotics is an early-stage pharmaceutical company focusing on the development of novel antibiotics based on natural products. Working together with multiple contract research organizations and non-profit institutions, we have all required expertise, knowledge and infrastructure for the pre-clinical development of our drug candidates. Located at the Innolab Chemie Groningen and collaborating closely with Syncom B.V. our dedicated research team has access to state of the art lab facilities and equipment. Starting at our company you have the opportunity to experience all stages of antibiotic development working together with a dedicated team in a very friendly and collegial environment at the same time. Being engaged with our company at this stage you face also the opportunity to grow together with the company boosting your career in a reasonable short time.
If you are interested in working in our team and gain experience in various aspects of drug development in industry, please sent your application to the following contact person (e-mail preferred):
Dr. Andreas A. Bastian AGILeBiotics B.V. De Mudden 14 9747 AW, Groningen (NL) firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your application!